Planned and Completed projects of the quinquenniad 2002-2006
- Planning for the construction of a Community Centre – It was completed at the beginning of 2008
- Planning for the construction of a new water tank at a higher spot. It was completed at the beginning of 2008.
- Planning for the creation of a small football pitch. For this purpose, the Community Council has bought 1020 square metres of land within the community which cost £15,000 (CYP).
- The creation of a playground and an open theatre has been programmed. For this purpose, the Community Council has bought 680 square metres of land within the community which cost£15,000 (CYP).
- The lining of the community centre’s retaining walls with stone has been semi-completed.
- The alcove in the centre of the village has been completed with a fountain and hagiographies.
- The restoration of the medieval water-mill inside the community has been completed.
- The “Steni Fighters’ Monument” has been completed.
- The opening of the new road which leads from the central road to the church of the community has been completed.
- The construction of the 60 – metre long drain-pipe with dimensions 2.5 m x 4 m in the river bed has been completed so that a car park and an events space can be created in the future.
- The widening of the road leading from the centre of the community towards the residence of Neophytos Kyriakou and the construction of the 150- metre- long and two metre high retaining wall on the perimeter of the cemetery has been completed.
- The widening and construction of a retaining wall along the perimeter of the cemetery has been completed.
- The building of three stony constructions on the two main entrances of the community has been completed. The two constructions bear the emblem of the Community Council – The FOX-
- The planting of flowers, bushes and trees along the main, as well as along secondary community roads has begun and will be continued, whereas 3000 plants have already been planted.
- A big cleaning campaign has begun throughout the community by removing useless objects from outdoor and indoor spaces, whereas illegal premises have been demolished and also removed from the community.
- Part of the road leading from the centre of the community towards Agios Isidoros has been widened and lined with stone.
- Several retaining walls have been lined with stone in secondary roads within the housing area of the community.
Planned and completed projects within 2007 and 2008 by the new Steni Community Council elected for the period 2006-2011
- The planning for the formation of the square around the Community Centre (was started by the former Community Council) has been completed and construction works are expected to begin at the beginning of 2009 and be completed by the end of 2009 or the beginning of 2010. The project will include a car park, an events space, an open theatre, a playground, recreation places etc.
- The creation of a new football pitch has been planned and it is expected to be ready by the end of 2010.
- There are plans for the widening of the road leading from the location “chrysolakourna” towards the main irrigation water tank of the community, as well as for the construction and of a 200 metre long retaining wall along the road.
- It has been planned that the road leading from the location “Stavromeni” until the location “Loudia” is widened and that a retaining wall is built along this part of the road.
- The construction of our Community Centre began and was completed within 2007 and it includes the Community Council office, an events hall, an infirmary and communal spaces.
- All spaces of the Community Centre have been completely equipped and the Community Infirmary has begun to operate.
- At the beginning of 2008, the placement of the objects and equipment in the ground-floor space of the Community Centre was completed and the “Steni Museum of Rural Life” began to operate since August.
- The events hall has been equipped with an audiovisual system and seats so that it can be used for lectures and events of the community’s residents.
- The cleaning campaign which began in 2002 will be continued in order to maintain our community on the highest level of cleanliness.
- The construction of a new water supply tank on a higher spot has been completed.
- All roads within the community are planned to be overlaid again with premix by 2011.
- The lining of all retaining walls with stone, from the entrance of the community until the exit, has been completed.
These are the most important projects which are planned to be completed by 2011, but apart from these there are many others which will be completed every day and which will change the image of our community for the better, so that all people living here can enjoy a better quality of life.